Welcome to EatSmart Precision Pro – Multifunction Digital Kitchen Scale w/ Extra Large LCD and 11 Lb. Capacity Review.
Here you can discover the best in Amazon,eBay Best Sellers, and find the top 100 most popular Amazon,eBay .These lists, updated hourly, contain bestselling items.
Check this out now
#1 in Kitchen&Dining
The EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale is a versatile multifunction home appliance. Designed to be highly accurate and aesthetically pleasing, the Precision Pro is manufactured to the highest quality specifications. Weigh items up to 11 lbs quickly and accurately, with results displayed in four different units: grams / ounces / pounds / kilograms.
For cooks – Weigh food items directly on the scale platform or utilize the scale’s tare (zero) function, which eliminates the weight of a plate or bowl and makes cleanup a snap. The high resolution screen provides easy viewing angles on any kitchen counter and the five rubber feet eliminate sliding. Additionally the three minute auto-turnoff feature ensures that you will never again lose your measurement in the middle of your recipe prep!
For Weight Loss Goals / Disease Management – The Precision Pro is ultra accurate, precise to .05 ounce / 1 gram increments and perfect for calorie or carbohydrate counting. The scale now includes a FREE EatSmart Calorie Factors book for easy calorie counting (simply multiply the grams of food by the calorie factor in the book)! Stop guessing about portion sizes and start living a healthier lifestyle today.
Helpful Customer Reviews
- Great Deal
I would prefer to write this review after some time has passed, but I want to make sure I get my thoughts out here early on.
This is my third kitchen scale. I bake all my own bread at home and good baking requires weighing the ingredients rather than volume measuring.
This scale feels very light which made me nervous at first, but I’ve used it for three weeks now, through a lot of baking over the holidays, and my concerns seem out of line.
This scale fits all my needs. Here is what I look for:
1. CAPACITY – AT LEAST 10 LB (this has 11 lb, or 5 kg). This is required to be able to tare out a glass bowl which can weigh near 5 lbs empty. 11 lb is still borderline when I’m making bread in a 6 qt kitchenaid bowl, but I just weigh ingredients separately in another bowl if it becomes a problem.
2. PRECISION – DOWN TO 1 GRAM – Another scale I have was only good to 5 grams and, although this was probably good enough, it drove me nuts not to be able to go down to 1 gram
3. STABLE PLATFORM FOR VESSELS — My previous scale had a platform that sat on top of a pillar and eventually came detached. After that it was a balancing act to weight anything
4. ORDINARY BATTERIES — I liked my old scales fine, but it drove me crazy that I had to keep buying overpriced CR2032 batteries for the things. These batteries don’t last long and cost too much to replace. I can’t figure out why they use these “button batteries” rather than the more common higher capacity AAA, AA, C, D, etc cells. It’s not like these scales are micro-sized. In any event A BIG BIG PLUS for this scale is that it uses standard batteries! Don’t sell this point short.
5. PRICE — $50, $30, $70 for a scale to do this is crazy. the circuitry in these things is cheap. It’s not rocket science. All these scales that have “features” are a waste of money. This scale does what needs to be done for $20.
6. FEATURES — Zero the scale, read negative numbers, switch between metric and English weights, tare a bowl….that’s it…that’s all you need. All the rest of it is a waste of money and a further chance for failure. this does what is needed and no more.
7. EASY TO READ — big numbers. this scale is good….Not so good about this scale (and the ONLY problem I have so far) is that big bowls tend to cover the read out a little and make it hard to pick up the weight. So far it hasn’t been a big deal, but it can be a slight annoyance.
This scale gets 100% on items 1-6 and about 50% on item 7 for a 93% grade overall…enough for me to give it 5 out of 5 stars.
The only remaining unrated item is DURABILITY….I’ll report back in a year. My old, $50 scale only lasted 3.5 years. I’m betting this one goes at least that long…plus I won’t be forking over for new button batteries every month and a half.
- Great customer service!
** This review has been edited ** I now give the product 5 stars (stupidly, Amazon doesn’t allow changing the rating when editing).
Originally I wrote a bad review indicating the unit eats batteries. We didn’t use it frequently and every time we did, the batteries were dead.
About a day after I submitted the review, Bill from EatSmart Products emailed me indicating he had seen the review and short battery life is not typical of the product (he stated they should last ~1 year). With no prompting from me, he sent out a new scale along with some batteries to replace the ones the original scale consumed. Although it hasn’t been very long, so far the batteries in the new unit are holding up well.
So as I stated above, I now give this scale a 5-star rating due not only to its good performance, but the great customer service from the manufacturer!
- Great Scale – Simple and Functional